High-level Group for Partnership, Coordination and Capacity-Building for post-2015 monitoring:
On 6 March 2015, at its forty-sixth session, the United Nations Statistical Commission created a High-level Group for Partnership, Coordination and Capacity-Building for post-2015 monitoring (HLG), composed of Member States and including regional and international agencies as observers. The HLG aims to establish a global partnership for sustainable development data. The HLG will report annually to the Statistical Commission.
The HLG and has been tasked to provide strategic leadership for the sustainable development goal implementation process as it concerns statistical monitoring and reporting.
In establishing the HGL, the United Nations Statistical Commission requested the use of existing regional mechanisms in order to ensure equitable regional representation and technical expertise. The Chair of the United Nations Statistical Commission is a ex-officio member of the HLG.
The High-level Group for Partnership, Coordination and Capacity-Building for post-2015 monitoring (HLG) will hold its first meeting via teleconference, on 7 October 2015, from 7:00am to 9:00am (New York time).
- Review the group’s mandate and Terms of refernce
- Discuss plans for the World Forum on Sustainable Development Data
- Review plans for the preparation of a report to be submitted to the UN Statistical Commission
- TORs and methods of work of the group
- World Forum and collaboration with the Global Partnership
- Activities in 2015 (preparation of the report to the UNSC)
- Next meeting