UN DESA’s Statistics Division is organising the second meeting of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs), to be held on 26-28 October 2015 at the United Nations Conference Center in Bangkok, Thailand and hosted by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP).
- Review the list of possible global indicators
- Discuss the global indicator framework, interlinkages across targets and critical issues including data disaggregation
- Discuss the work plan and next steps
- Review of the mandates and outcomes of the 70th Session of the General Assembly on the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Stocktaking on inputs from the two discussion streams and open consultations
- Detailed review of the list of proposed global indicators and related issues
- Review of the proposed indicators for global monitoring and recommended revisions
- Mapping of proposed indicators for global monitoring against major indicator frameworks (including regional frameworks)
- Data disaggregation and other cross-cutting issues
- Identification of inter-linkages across goals and targets
- Communication and presentation of the global SDG indicators
- Work plan and next steps
TAP Network submission to IAEG Consultation, Compilation of Inputs and Working Group:
IAEG-SDGs Results from the open consultation are now under review:
The inputs received through the open consultation with all countries, regional and international agencies, civil society, academia and the private sector are now available online.
These inputs will inform the discussion at the second meeting of the IAEG-SDGs, to be held from 26-28 October in Bangkok.
Summary of the comments from IAEG-SDG members and observers received through the open consultation on the List of Indicator Proposals:
A document containing a summary of comments received on the List of Indicator Proposals of 11 August 2015 during the two rounds of consultations with members and observers of the Inter-agency and Expert group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators has been posted online.
It presents comments according to three different categories, namely:
- “Suggestions for Modifications and Replacement Indicators”
- “Suggestions for Additional Indicators”, and
- “Additional Comments”,
indicating the name of the country or organisation that provided each comment. It also contains two additional columns: ‘Possible compiling entity’ and ‘Tier’ which were carried over from the August 11 document based on the request by multiple countries.
Please note that no changes have been made to the list of indicator proposals of 11 August 2015. Therefore, the status of development of the suggested indicators (so-called tiers I, II, and III) still needs to be re-evaluated on the basis of information provided since then.
A very large number of comments were received during the two rounds of consultations and those comments are reflected in the summary to the best possible extent. Users are requested to refer to the original comments for complete information.
Review of proposed indicators – 2 Nov 2015 https://t.co/7AMwyJgjRD
Meeting summary and work plan http://bit.ly/1kqbFqf