- Work & Expertise
- Current Commitment
- Past Commitment
Organization Name:AL-BARAKA DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
Organization Country Location:Bangladesh
Organization City/Locality:Vill: Kodomtola, Kaziakanda, P.S-Phulpur, Mymensingh.
Organization mission and work description:
AL-BARAKA DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION (ABDF) was established in the year 2000 as a non-political, non-profit & non-government voluntary organization to serve the poor, disaster and destitute people at Vill-Kodomtola, Kuzia Kanda, P.O. Phulpur, District: Mymensingh, Bangladesh and started its humanitarian services being registered by Joint stock Company and Firms under its society Act. 1860(21) in the year-2000 and covered a remarkable number of community people irrespective of caste, religion, creed giving priority on poor mother and children introducing health care, environment regeneration, education and preservation of fundamental need solving their problems caused by 100 family disorganization, exploitation, discrimination, violence, violation of human rights along with their associated consequences. It has given importance on its mission that under take survey or study on targeted population and organize them into functional groups ensuring skill development training on income generating trades, activities and financial support to execute training skill under full participation, dicision making, project planning, operation for sustainable development and protect violation of their right to enjoy or derive benefits with self-dependency depending on no other sources or concerns and create instances for community people so that they can adopt the same development practice and prevail permanent development process with the support of donor agencies.
Primary Contact Name:MD. MAHDI HASAN
Primary Contact Title:EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Additional Contacts Names:
Additional representative #1:S.U.M. MAHFUJUR RAHMAN TALUKDAR
Additional representative #2:MUKTADIR AHAMMED
Additional representative #3:
Additional representative #4:
OUR INTERNATIONAL COALITION IS MADE UP OF MORE THAN 400 CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANIZATIONS
Learn about TAP Members & PartnersWHO ARE TAP'S MEMBERS?
Organization's Work & Expertise
Organization's SGD16 Expertise:
- 16.1 - Significantly reduce all forms of violence and related death rates everywhere
- 16.2 - End abuse, exploitation, trafficking and all forms of violence against and torture of children
- 16.5 - Substantially reduce corruption and bribery in all their forms
- 16.6 - Develop effective, accountable and transparent institutions at all levels
- 16.7 - Ensure responsive, inclusive, participatory and representative decision-making at all levels
- 16.10 - Ensure public access to information and protect fundamental freedoms, in accordancewith national legislation and international agreements
- 16.a - Strengthen relevant national institutions, including through international cooperation, for building capacity at all levels, in particular in developing countries, to prevent violence and combat terrorism and crime
- 16.b - Promote and enforce non-discriminatory laws and policies for sustainable development
- SDG Data and Indicators
- Reduce Carbon dioxide under certified Emission Reduction Program (CER-P)
Organization's Areas of Expertise:
- Gender Equality
- Children & Youth
- Spotlight Reporting
- Indigenous Peoples
- Public mobilization & Campaigns
- Capacity building/CSO training & education
Current Commitment to SDG16+
Summary of commitment:
The organization Al-Baraka Development Foundation is voluntary humanitarian service oriented organization for the poor people giving priority on under privileged women and children. The organization got as experience that when the people take others support to serve, they (sometimes) become victims of exploitation because of taking privileges by the supporter on their weakness of poverty or if they are not exploited, they can never reach their goal due to their less-skill or even lack of skill. So the organization ABDF intends to skill up the poor or poverty stricken people organizing into functional groups and mobilize thus through participatory process so that they can achieve sustainable development which is the commitment of ABDF.
Organization's priorities and work in relation to commitment:
In relation to on commitment, we will identify the targeted stakeholders who are victimized, tortured, exploited, disorganized, deprived humanitarian & fundamental rights and assess their needs to fulfill and find their problems to solve by themselves and their direct participation under support of ABDF either skill enhancement or financial support for rendering their income oriented schemes or for other productive activities, deriving social economic and health care related benefits. The service recipients must be educated and empowered with applied knowledge and literacy to prepare themselves for receiving development concerned trainings and after receiving training, they themselves make plan and execute the activities according to their made plan under support of ABDF with the View to lead the stakeholders to reach their sustainable development process under their full participation and guide of ABDF till they achieve their goal. Education, Literacy, skill enhancement, consciousness and awareness building to establish the stakeholders rights at all level of life and exercise them without trouble or barriers in the continuous process sustainable development confirming stakeholders or beneficiaries participation is the main priority of ABDF.
Organization's work related to TAP network's SGD16+ work & accountability for 2030 Agenda:
ABDF is engaged in networking, lobbing and advocacy practices like TAP Networks work. ABDF is keenly concerned with development of network. membership & partnership activities within country to exchange ideas development concept. information dissemination under information, education and communication programs distributing IEC materials in meetings, seminar, workshop etc. with stakeholder and the net working partners. These are TAP networks wok related to SDG-16+ & accountability for the 2030 agenda.
Plan on engaging in TAP's work as a Partner:
- Regional Engagement Platforms and/or Regional Focal Point
- Thematic Working Groups
- Substantive contribution to any TAP Network resources or advocacy materials
- Interest in leadership/coordination opportunities within the TAP Network
- "Storytelling"/Showcasing your organization's work via the TAP Network platforms
- Exploring partnerships with like-minded organizations
- Global engagement via the UN and other opportunities
- TAP Network joint global advocacy
- Exploring opportunities for hosting TAP Network national or regional-level capacity building activities
A COLLABORATIVE CAMPAIGN TO BRING THE WORK OF CIVIL SOCIETY ON SDG16+ TO THE 2019 HLPF.