2024-2025 Steering Committee
- Work & Expertise
- Current Commitment
- Past Commitment
Organization Name:Alliance for Peacebuilding
Organization Country Location:United States
Organization City/Locality:Washington DC
Organization mission and work description:
The Alliance for Peacebuilding (AfP), is a nonpartisan network of 180+ organizations working in 181 countries to prevent and reduce violent conflict and build sustainable peace. AfP cultivates a network to strengthen and advance the peacebuilding field, enabling peacebuilding organizations to achieve greater impact—tackling issues too large for any one organization to address alone.
Primary Contact Name:Elizabeth Hume
Primary Contact Title:Executive Director
Additional Contacts Names:
Additional representative #1:Megan Corrado
Additional representative #2:Nicholas Gugerty
Additional representative #3:
Additional representative #4:
OUR INTERNATIONAL COALITION IS MADE UP OF MORE THAN 400 CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANIZATIONS
Learn about TAP Members & PartnersWHO ARE TAP'S MEMBERS?
Organization's Work & Expertise
Organization's SGD16 Expertise:
- 16.1 - Significantly reduce all forms of violence and related death rates everywhere
Organization's Areas of Expertise:
- Global/UN Engagement & Advocacy
- Accountability for the 2030 Agenda
- Policy Analysis & Advocacy
- SDG Data and Indicators
- Public mobilization & Campaigns
- HLPF and UN Development System Reform
- Gender Equality
- Children & Youth
- Capacity building/CSO training & education
Current Commitment to SDG16+
Summary of commitment:
AfP is committed to working with the TAP network to advocate for SDG 16 and UN reforms that will reduce violence and violent conflict.
Organization's priorities and work in relation to commitment:
While conflict exists everywhere, we do not have to accept that violent conflict is inevitable. The Alliance for Peacebuilding’s (AfP) robust, committed, and growing community proves that building peace is possible in faraway places and in neighborhoods just down the street. AfP is building and advancing the peacebuilding field to center peace in our policies, programs, and laws, as well as in our social norms, our relationships, and our narratives, through our new fieldbuilding strategy. WE ARE THE ALLIANCE FOR: Accelerating collective action through collaboration and exchange , Advocating for policies, laws, and funding to advance the peacebuilding field, Creating standards of practice to align peacebuilding around common tools, frameworks, and approaches, Developing an evidence base to ensure better policies and practices, Shaping new narratives to develop and amplify effective peacebuilding messaging.
Organization's work related to TAP network's SGD16+ work & accountability for 2030 Agenda:
As outlined above, AfP's work directly relates to the TAP Network's work related to SDG 16 as outlined in our mission and organizational priorities and work. AfP works to reduce violence and conflict and supports UN reforms.
Plan on engaging in TAP's work as a Partner:
- Regional Engagement Platforms and/or Regional Focal Point
- Thematic Working Groups
- Substantive contribution to any TAP Network resources or advocacy materials
- Interest in leadership/coordination opportunities within the TAP Network
- Storytelling /Showcasing your organization's work via the TAP Network platforms
- Exploring partnerships with like-minded organizations
- Global engagement via the UN and other opportunities
- TAP Network joint global advocacy
- Exploring opportunities for hosting TAP Network national or regional-level capacity building activities
A COLLABORATIVE CAMPAIGN TO BRING THE WORK OF CIVIL SOCIETY ON SDG16+ TO THE 2019 HLPF.