- Work & Expertise
- Current Commitment
- Past Commitment
Organization Name:World Vision
Organization Country Location:United States
Organization City/Locality:Los Angeles
Organization mission and work description:
World Vision is a Christian, humanitarian and development organisation focused on the most vulnerable children. We help children, families and their communities overcome poverty and experience life in its fullness. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith. Together we can protect children today, and empower them for tomorrow.
Primary Contact Name:Arelys Bellorini
Primary Contact Title:Senior United Nation Representative
Additional Contacts Names:
Additional representative #1:
Additional representative #2:
Additional representative #3:
Additional representative #4:
OUR INTERNATIONAL COALITION IS MADE UP OF MORE THAN 400 CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANIZATIONS
Learn about TAP Members & PartnersWHO ARE TAP'S MEMBERS?
Organization's Work & Expertise
Organization's SGD16 Expertise:
- 16.2 - End abuse, exploitation, trafficking and all forms of violence against and torture of children
- 16.6 - Develop effective, accountable and transparent institutions at all levels
- 16.7 - Ensure responsive, inclusive, participatory and representative decision-making at all levels
- 16.9 - By 2030, provide legal identity for all, including birth registration
Organization's Areas of Expertise:
- Global/UN Engagement & Advocacy
- Accountability for the 2030 Agenda
- Policy Analysis & Advocacy
- Public mobilization & Campaigns
- HLPF and UN Development System Reform
- Gender Equality
- Children & Youth
Current Commitment to SDG16+
Summary of commitment:
World Vision is currently implementing a global campaign on ending violence againsta children that contributes to SDG 16, Target 16.2 and its interlinkages. This campaign undertakes national level actions to address physical, sexual and emotional violence. Social mobilization is part of ths global campaign.
Organization's priorities and work in relation to commitment:
World Vision has a set of priorities issues and agenda. A main priority is tackling the socio and economic impact of the COVID-19 global pandemic by mobilizing its community level footprint, community leaders, including faith and religious leader to jointly address this impact.
Organization's work related to TAP network's SGD16+ work & accountability for 2030 Agenda:
One of the areas of work is gap analysis on children's rights, which brings us to hold Government accountable on their commitments to children through global agendas such as the 2030 Agenda, but also through international conventions such as the Child Rights Convention. SDG16 is the focus of our global campaign.
Plan on engaging in TAP's work as a Partner:
- Thematic Working Groups
- Voluntary funding contributions to the TAP Network
- Substantive contribution to any TAP Network resources or advocacy materials
- Interest in leadership/coordination opportunities within the TAP Network
- Exploring partnerships with like-minded organizations
- Global engagement via the UN and other opportunities
- TAP Network joint global advocacy
A COLLABORATIVE CAMPAIGN TO BRING THE WORK OF CIVIL SOCIETY ON SDG16+ TO THE 2019 HLPF.
Voices of SDG 16+: Stories of Global Action
Reports on Organization's Past Commitments
World Vision was actively engaged in the process leading up to the adoption of the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development and its SDGs. WV continues to be highly engaged in contributing to achieving the SDGs at national level and track its progress at global level. This engagement is based on its work in fragile states and those most left behind, particularly children. Accountability has been a main advocacy action at national, regional and global level. Consequently, TAP´s work focusing on Goal 16 and an overall accountability agenda fits well in both programmatic work as well as advocacy and global policy setting work.