The First Meeting of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs) will take place on 1-2 June 2015 in New York.
The IAEG-SDGs has been established by the Statistical Commission at its 46th session to develop an indicator framework for the monitoring of the goals and targets of the post-2015 development agenda at the global level, and to support its implementation. (Click here for the IAEG-SDGs Terms of Reference)
The main objectives of the first meeting of the IAEG-SDGS are to:
- set up the process for the development of the indicator framework;
- develop a work plan and agree on the way forward;
- establish the methods of work of the group; and
- discuss technical issues, including the interlinkages across targets and data disaggregation.
Click here to download the provisional agenda in PDF format.
Monday, 1 June
(2) Methods of work of the group
(3) Indicator framework: global, regional, national, sub-national and thematic indicators
(4) Process of selecting indicators:
- Identification of interlinkages of targets
- Use of multi-purpose indicators
- Integrated statistical frameworks
- Critical issues (dissaggregation, inequality, etc.)
(5) Continuation of the discussion on process of selecting indicators
(6) Discussion on indicators under specific goals
Tuesday, 2 June
(7) Continuation of the discussion on indicators under specific goals to identify core issues for the work ahead
(8) Continuation of the discussion on indicators under specific goals to identify core issues for the work ahead
(9) Conclusions and way forward
Civil society registration form
Accredited NGOs are kindly requested to fill out and submit the registration form available here in order to register to the meeting.
Please note that the civil society registration for the meeting can only be accepted from NGOs that have accreditation status with the United Nations, due to space limitations. However, the meeting is expected to be webcast live at webtv.un.org.